Looking for the perfect Christmas gift for that special PA, nurse, or doctor in your life? I have a few of those in my life (including myself), so I’ve curated a a guide with products that I know I would love to receive, and some that I plan to gift!
For the always-tired night shifter: my favorite under eye cream by Dermaologica called ‘Stress Positive Eye Lift’. A metal tip creates a cooling sensation on application - even more if you leave it in the fridge like I do! Wild indigo seed reduces under eye puffiness and dark circles while hyaluronic acid moisturizes.
2. For the one who is always cold: A Medelita Ionic scrub jacket. Embroider it with his or her name and title for a personal touch. Don’t embroider it and he or she may appreciate it as something to wear even outside of the hospital! It includes pockets (plus some hidden pockets) and a moisture-wicking fabric that’s bacteriostatic! Available in navy, black, or graphite. Use my discount code ‘POLISHEDPA3’ for 25% off any Medelita purchase!
3. For the one who always carries a ton of s*&% in her bag - you know, the syringes, medical tape, vials of saline… normal stuff: A sleek Lo & Sons bag. It has plenty of hidden compartments plus one that allows it to sit perfectly on top of a carry on. I take this with me when I have plans after work that require a change of clothes (e.g. gym), or when I go spend a night in Miami. This is the O.G. size (also available in a larger size which is called O.M.G.)
4. For the one who is always thirsty and or/the coffee addict: A Yeti! Everyone knows this is a quality container. Those of us who work in healthcare often don’t drink enough water because we’re always on our feet. And I would say most of us can’t live without coffee. So here is a good one that will keep your drink hot or cold!
5. For the healthcare professional who is a minimalist when it comes to makeup (or the one who is always running late): Rodan + Fields Radiant Defense Perfecting Liquid. This is my go-to for work. It always makes me feel presentable, plus I love knowing that it’s actually good for my skin. It’s basically a serum that contains anti-aging peptides and antioxidants, but it’s tinted to blur any imperfections. It’s not a foundation or a BB cream, but it basically functions as one.
6. For the healthcare professional who is always running late: A Daniel Wellington watch. Classy and functional. A watch is a must in healthcare - might as well pick one that looks nice too!
So there you have it! Happy shopping and more importantly, happy holidays!